Banknote to identify--hellnote? China? Japan?

• alan65

426 messages

United States

My first thought when I saw this note was that it was a 'hell note'. I'm wondering what anyone here thinks about it. Can anyone read the characters? I'm sure this would clear things up about the identity.
    The back is especially puzzling as it almost appears to be printed on grid paper originally meant for something else.
    The paper quality is low although I've seen worse printing quality on genuine banknotes. There does appear to be a "50,000" denomination on the back, which would tend to make it a hellnote candidate but not many serial numbers appear on hellnotes (or am I wrong?)
    Does anyone have an idea of what this is? :help:
  • ningbo88

8 messages

China

My first thought when I saw this note was that it was a 'hell note'. I'm wondering what anyone here thinks about it. Can anyone read the characters? I'm sure this would clear things up about the identity.
    The back is especially puzzling as it almost appears to be printed on grid paper originally meant for something else.
    The paper quality is low although I've seen worse printing quality on genuine banknotes. There does appear to be a "50,000" denomination on the back, which would tend to make it a hellnote candidate but not many serial numbers appear on hellnotes (or am I wrong?)
    Does anyone have an idea of what this is? :help:
    • Created on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    It is from china we call it Min-banknote,it is un-lucky item for the people has gone.
  • alan65

426 messages

United States

It is from china we call it Min-banknote,it is un-lucky item for the people has gone.
    • Created on Sep 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM
    Thank you for your answer!

Join the collectors community

Register Login